Christmas is just around the corner which means Secret Santa, party season but more importantly, mulled wine. The warming beverage is a Christmas must-have, but here at Local Honey Man, we’ve put a tasty spin on it by adding the all-important ingredient of raw honey. Adding a naturally sweet kick to the mixture to counterbalance the spiced quality, this drink is perfect for any festive get-togethers and gatherings this month. For a quirky twist on a Christmas classic, check out our super easy recipe below.
- 1 750ml bottle of a full-bodied red wine e.g. zinfandel
- 3/4 cup of Local Honey Man honey (for a spicier kick, we recommend opting for our Cinnamon Infused Honey or our Lemon Zest Infused Honey for more of a citric taste. However, our British Golden Honey works just as well too!)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 15 black peppercorns
- 3 inches of cinnamon stick (and more for serving if you like too)
- Lemon zest peel for serving
- Heat the wine, honey, water, peppercorns and cinnamon sticks in a 2-qt saucepan until the mixture is lightly simmering and steamy. We suggest adding the raw honey in part by part for your preferred level of sweetness.
- Once the mixture has began to simmer, simply strain into your favourite mug and finish with a thin strip of lemon zest peel and a cinnamon stick for decoration.
This super tasty mulled wine with raw honey recipe is guaranteed to become your favourite Christmas beverage and serves up to 6 people. We would love to hear how your raw honey mulled wine tasted so let us know via our social media channels.