While the UK population panic and bulk buy toilet roll, pasta and products filled with E numbers, leaving supermarket isles desolate, some are forgetting that natures wonder the honeybee creates something so much more powerful and beneficial in the prevention and fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
At times like this many may feel uneasy and anxious. If that’s the case do not worry, you’re not alone. There’s no guarantee that you or I won’t have to face this virus and Local Honey Mans aim is to provide you with as much knowledge on how raw honey can be used not only as a preventative but also a curative measure in effectively overcoming this virus.
Here are a few ways our honey can help in Preventing and the Fight against Coronavirus:
- Prevents growth of bacteria – Covid -19 as you know attacks the throat first and then moves to the lungs, this is where we use raw honey to attack back. Honey has a high sugar content so it can kill unwanted bacteria and fungus. So try to sip on warm honey drink throughout the day.
- Builds the Immune system – Raw honey has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties that can help to boost your immune system and fight sickness.
- For a super-charged immunity booster, we recommend a daily cup of herbal tea or boiled Ginger and Garlic, along with one or two teaspoons each of raw honey: maybe our Lemon Zest or cinnamon infused honey not only for its healing properties but also to add a touch of flavour and sweetness.
- Digestive issues – its a prebiotic: so, it nourishes the good bacteria that live in the intestines, which are crucial not only for good digestion but overall health and immune system
- Simple Carb – they’re easy to ingest, so honey can help keep your blood
sugar up if you are at risk of lows (diabetics) or too ill to eat
- Soothe a sore throat – as well as being an old sore throat remedy, Raw honey also
works as a cough suppressant, research suggests its as effective as
dextromethorphan (common ingredients in overtime counter cough medicine)
- Take a teaspoon of honey or add it to a warm drink but remember do not put it straight in to boiling water as it will destroy the natural and beneficial properties Raw honey possess
- It’s a good source of Antioxidants – Raw Honey possesses Antibacterial and anti fungal properties: it naturally contains hydrogen peroxide, an antiseptic: antiseptics prevent the growth of disease-causing microorganisms. Let’s not forget that Coronavirus isn’t the only thing out there we need to fight against
Don’t just take our word for it, read here what the NHS has said “Use honey first for a cough”
We understand the hesitation, at a time of so much uncertainty and many not knowing what to believe, Raw honey probably won’t be on your list of priorities.
However, we strongly urge you to reconsider, Conner Reed a British teacher who now lives in Wuhan: the epicentre of this virus, contracted Covid-19. Advised by doctors to take antibiotics after bad cough left Reed struggling for breath, he decided to take matters into his own hands.
With the aid of an inhaler to help tame the cough, he “drank a hot whisky with honey until that ran out”, in time recovering from this virus that has impacted millions of people lives.
Proving that seemingly old-fashioned remedies have shown to be very effective during this pandemic. Raw, unpasteurised honey is widely known to have been used as a folk remedy throughout history and has a plethora of medical uses and health benefits. It’s even been known to be used in some hospitals as a treatment for wounds. Most of these health benefits are specific to raw, unpasteurized and untreated honey.