Banana Date Cake with Walnut & Date Honey Infused Glaze
Can you tell we are crazy about Walnuts?! Our second entry into the “what to bake during a Weekend” category is another blockbuster dessert.
Bananas, dates, glaze and cream… when was the last time you saw such beautiful ingredients brought together?… Until now!
Take a few moments to digest our scrumptious recipe and be free to add your own twist to the process. When you are done, share your creation with us on Instagram (@localhoneymanuk) and we will repost to our community! Good luck
Ingredients for the cake
- 175g softened butter plus extra for the tin
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp date infused honey
- 2 overripe bananas (about 350g with skins on)
- 75g stoned dates
- 50g chopped walnuts,
Ingredients for the glaze
- 2 tbsp Medjool Date Infused honey 100g
- 25g butter
- 50gwalnut half for decoration
Creating your magic
- STEP 1
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Butter and line the base of an 18cm Bundt mould or round cake tin with baking parchment.
- Put the flour, cinnamon, butter, sugar, eggs and honey in a large mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or handheld electric mixer until light and fluffy
- STEP 2
- Mash the bananas and chop the dates.
- Stir into the cake mix with the walnuts.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 40-50 mins until firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (a round tin may take 10-20 mins more).
- Cool in the tin for 15 mins, then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- STEP 3
- To make the glaze, put the honey and butter in a small pan and bring to the boil, stirring until the butter has melted.
- Boil briefly, about 1 min, until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the walnuts.
- Leave to cool until thickened and opaque.
- Spoon over the top of the cake and leave to set.