The experience will include:
- Guides you through the history of honey
- How it gets from the bees to the jar
- How to correctly taste honey and identify what it’s made from
- Exciting cooking and baking recipes that will make you completely rethink honey as a valuable ingredient
- Tasting all different types of delicious honey
What do you know about honey?
Can you tell which pollen, from which plant group, went into making each honey type? Can you judge by the colour of the honey? By its taste?
Enjoy a unique tasting session of varied and delicious honey, we’ll let you sample a whole range of honey. Each perfectly encapsulates the season of its creation and the plants of its pollen – from Heather, Rapeseed Oil, Borage, and Multifloral honey. Not only will you be able to get a taste for all of the exciting pure honey from Britain you will also get the chance to taste honey from all around the world really opening up your taste buds to the many different kinds of honey produced by bees.
Each of our honey tasting experience attendees will receive the ultimate honey experience at one of our specially selected venues, knowledge on all things natural and pure honey.
Course location: London
Time: 10am – 11:30am
8 people per class
Terms and Conditions
Suitable for ages 16+. Under 16s are welcome but must be accompanied by a paying adult (aged 18+).
- Every person taking part in any activity provided by Local Honey Man. is required to read and complete this text. Booking of this activity assumes your acceptance of this disclaimer.
- You are accepting that you have read and understood all of the information and risks associated with the activities conducted by Local Honey Man.
- All participants must listen to all safety briefings and instructions before taking part in any activities. You must NOT partake in any activity if you do not feel you have understood the briefings and/or instructions. If you require more assistance please do not hesitate to ask a member of the Local Honey Man team and/or your instructor.
- All participants must obey all instructions given by the Local Honey Man team at all times. Local Honey Man reserves the right to terminate any activity immediately if we feel that participants are not following instructions.
- Strictly no alcohol or non-prescription drugs are to be consumed before or during any activity. If we deem that you are under the influence of any altering substance, you will not be permitted to take part in any activities.
- All protective equipment provided for you including head veils must be worn for the duration of the activity.
- All borrowed equipment must remain on-site and returned to the designated area after use. The equipment remains the property of Local Honey Man and in the event of any damage being caused to the equipment through the fault of the user, the participant is liable to pay for the repair/replacement.
- All participants must understand that bees are wild insect and their behavior cannot be guaranteed. Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard our delegates from such dangers, accidents and injuries can happen. In agreeing to take part in this activity, you are acknowledging these dangers and agree to take part at your own discretion.
- Local Honey Man is not liable for damage or loss to persons or property however incurred.
- All existing injuries or health issues that may be affected by you taking part in this activity must be reported to Local Honey Man before taking part and noted in the appropriate section of this disclaimer (e.g. heart conditions, asthma, diabetes, known allergies).
By purchasing this product you agree to have read and understood the guidelines above and assume full responsibility for any risk associated with taking part in the activities provided by Local Honey Man. The management will not accept any liability howsoever caused for death, personal injury, loss, or damage suffered by participants.
We have a high demand for our courses and put a lot of energy into organising them so that all involved enjoy the day. If you are unable to attend the course after booking and get in touch with us at least one month before, we will try to move you to another course date where possible. Please note: 25% of your course fee is non-refundable if you cancel your place more than a month’s notice before the course date. I’m afraid that should you cancel your place less than one month before the course we are unable to refund your purchase.
We will comply with prevailing Government rules regarding Covid-19, which may include social distancing and the use of face masks, following the Government ruling at the time of your event and we will advise you of the requirements shortly before your event. Our aim is to provide a safe yet rewarding environment to ensure that you have an enjoyable and rewarding day.